Clinical Focus

Previous Articles     Next Articles

Effects of Bifidobacterium triple viable entericcoated capsules on gastrointestinal hormones

  

  1. 1.Department of Gastroenterology,  Zhoupu Hospital of Shanghai, Shanghai  2013182,China; 
    2.Department  of  Gastroenterology, Pudong New District People's Hospital Affiliated to
    Shanghai Medical College of Health, Shanghai 201200, China
  • Online:2019-07-20 Published:2019-07-20
  • Contact: Corresponding author: Gao Zeli, Email:gzeli@163.com

Abstract: Objective  To study the effects of Bifidobacterium triple viable entericcoated capsules on symptoms score,  gastrointestinal hormones and oxidative stress index in irritable bowel syndromeconstipation(IBSC)  patients. Methods  A  total  of  94 patients with IBSC treated in our hospital from January  2018 to December  2018  were selected,  and they were randomly divided into control group(n=47)  and observation group(n=47). The two groups of patients were treated with mosapride in combination with lactulose,  with observation group added with Bifidobacterium triple live enteric capsules,  and control group added with placebo. The clinical efficacy,  clinical symptoms,  gastrointestinal hormones,  5HT and oxidative stress were compared between two groups.Results  In observation group,  the treatment was markedly effective  in 29 cases (61.70%),   and effective in 15 cases (31.91%),  with the total effective rate being 93.62%,  and that of control group being  78.72%(P<0.05). After treatment,  the scores of clinical symptoms in two groups decreased significantly. The scores of abdominal distension,  abdominal pain,  defecation frequency,  stool characteristics and defecation difficulty in observation group were significantly lower than those in control group (P<0.05). After treatment,  the levels of 5HT,  MDA and LPO in two groups also witnessed significance decrease. The levels of 5HT,  MDA and LPO in observation group were lower than those in control group (P<0.05). After treatment,  the levels of gastrointestinal hormones in both groups were improved. The MTL level in observation group was higher than that in control group,  and the levels of VIP and S S were lower than those in control group (P<0.05). Conclusion  Bifidobacterium triple viable capsule combined with lactulose and Mosapride is effective in treatment of IBSC. It can significantly improve clinical symptoms and gastrointestinal hormone levels,  reduce plasma 5HT level and oxidative stress response,  which makes  it is worthy of clinical application.

Key words: irritable bowel syndrome, Bifidobacterium triple viable entericcoated capsules, 5hydroxytryptamine, oxidative stress